CARE International Horn of Africa Emergency Coordinator Recruitment 2018 is still ongoing see Application Procedures/Requirements below
All qualified candidates for the CARE International Horn of Africa Emergency Coordinator Recruitment are welcomed. Get application fors and request form for this job here.
CARE International Horn of Africa Emergency Coordinator Recruitment
CARE is an organization driven by its mission to overcome poverty and social injustice. CARE has a presence in over 25 countries in Africa. We are seeking a bright, dynamic and resourceful person to take up an exciting challenge in the capacity of Horn of Africa Emergency Coordinator to be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to other CARE Country Office
The Horn of Africa Emergency Coordinator will provides support to CARE Country Offices in emergency preparedness and response by monitoring the humanitarian situation in the Horn of Africa, leading the Emergency Preparedness process in each of the country offices, identifying the need of capacity building and take action accordingly, taking part in the decision making process for potential response during a humanitarian crisis as well as Monitoring the Humanitarian response of the country offices through regular field visit and utilization of CARE International reporting tools.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In coordination with the Country Offices, collect and compile information on the context and humanitarian needs.
- Produce short update on the needs and potential risk in the Horn of Africa.
- In coordination with the Assistant Country Director Program or Emergency Coordinator, ensure that each Country Office (CO) has an updated Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Monitor the progress of the CO against their Preparedness action plan on a monthly basis.
- Based on the capacity assessment of the CO, propose training or other capacity building initiative.
- Facilitate training when needed or support the CO to identify the resources.
- Support the CO in the definition of the key steps to initiate an emergency response based on situation analysis as well as the CO capacity Assessment (Alert, Response Strategy, Sitrep)
- In some case, act as Team Leader for the CO emergency response.
- For each Humanitarian project, ensure that the CO use the appropriate monitoring system in line with CI standards.
- For each Humanitarian project ensure the CARE Humanitarian Accountability Framework is in place.
- Ensure Gender focus in all that we do and ensure quality programming in our core sectors using a gender lens.
- Work closely with the RHC ECSA on the definition of the priorities for the Horn of Africa.
- Report on regular basis on the status of the Emergency Response and Preparedness in the Horn of Africa region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study or relevant combination of qualifications and experience, in a similar field.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in humanitarian preparedness, risk reduction and response; experience and knowledge of the region; experience in programme design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, including SPHERE standards, donor relations, security and protection considerations; experience in scale-up emergency response ;
- Excellent training, coaching and mentoring skills;
- High level of writing and communication skills;
- Willingness to spend high proportion of time traveling away from home (approx. 50%) and be deployed with limited notice period.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Iinterested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged of to send their application letters and detailed CV to email@example.com by 7th June 2018. Please indicate the title of the position applied for as the subject line while applying.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.