Mercy Corps Recruitment 2018 For Graduate Interns | How to apply online and requirements.
Mercy Corps Recruitment 2018
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Intern
Ref Number: ABV/OPS/2018/00006
Length Of Internship: 6 months
- The procurement intern will be responsible for learning ALL Mercy Corps Field Procurement Policy and Procedure (FP3) and assist the procurement units in their various procurement activities.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Read all assigned literature
- Develop a working knowledge of procurement
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to the procurement function
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Complete all outstanding filing
- Proofread Procurement documents as required.
- Actively manage the team calendar
- Provide onsite and offsite event management
- Follow up with suppliers, vendors and third parties to ensure delivery of goods/service
- Follow up with suppliers for prompt submission of invoice after goods/service delivery
- Perform any other reasonable duties that deem necessary as assigned by the supervisor
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files in line with the FP3.
- Regularly produce purchase status and completed purchases reports using the Ongoing PR Master List and PR Master List
- Maintain file on market prices for commonly bought items.
- Scan a soft copy (record) of all documentation before it is handed over to program and finance for payment
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science
- Excellent Communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel and Word
- Fluency in English Language and any other Nigerian languages
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- For the duration of this internship assignment, the intern will receive a monthly stipend of N60, 000 and health insurance.
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send not more than 4-page CV’s and Cover Letters in one document, addressing the position requirements and location to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 6th August, 2018.
- All applications must include the position title and reference number in the subject line and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.