- 1 HOW TO APPLY FOR NHIF CARD ONLINE IN KENYA
- 2 HOW TO REPLACE LOST NHIF CARD
- 3 HOW TO ADD YOUR SPOUSE TO YOUR NHIF CARD (OR CHILD)
- 4 HOW TO REACTIVATE NHIF CARD FOR SELF EMPLOYED
- 5 HOW TO REMOVE SPOUSE FROM NHIF BENEFICIARIES IN CASE OF DIVORCE OR SEPARATION
- 6 NHIF REPLACEMENT OF BIOMETRIC CARDS
- 7 HOW TO RENEW NHIF ACCOUNT
- 22.214.171.124 LOOKING FOR CBC SCHEMES OF WORK, ALL GRADES, FOR NEW CURRICULUM? CHECK: MUTHURWA.COM
- 126.96.36.199 DO YOU NEED TO REVISE FOR KCSE 2018? 2017 KCSE PAST PAPERS WITH OFICIAL ANSWERS NOW AVAILABLE: MORE DETAILS
- 188.8.131.52 YOU NEED AN INSTANT UNSECURED SOFT LOAN VIA MPESA?: CHECK OUR LOAN PAGE HERE
- 184.108.40.206 LOOKING FOR HIGH SCHOOL TEACHING AND REVISION NOTES? CHECK: HIGH SCHOOL NOTES
- 220.127.116.11 SELL YOUR DIGITAL PRODUCTS LIKE EBOOKS ONLINE IN KENYA AT: MUTHURWA.COM
Application Procedure for NHIF Card in Kenya online, Replacement, Renewal of membership and reactivating
National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) card in Kenya is as good as your ID. Here is how to apply for NHIF Card, Replace lost Card, Activate and Renewal of membership. Beware that there are some NHIF services that are exclusively offered to Civil servants.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NHIF CARD ONLINE IN KENYA
The procedure for applying for NHIF card online is as follows;
- Visit: http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/registeronline/
- Select Employed or self employed
- Employee application form will load
- Fill the form details
- Attach copy of ID, Passport photo, marriage certificate if you are married,
- Click Save
- You will be notified of your status upon payment
- You will also receive an SMS to your number
To receive your NHIF card after successfully completing the above application and being approved, visit any NHIF office or Huduma centre near you and get your card printed for you
You are done!
NOTE: For those who are employed (formal sector), it is compulsory to be a NHIF member. For those in the informal sector (self-employed) membership is voluntary.
NOTE: Registration fee is Ksh. 1500
HOW TO REPLACE LOST NHIF CARD
If you lost your NHIF Card, You can get a replacement by paying KSH100.00 at either National Bank, Equity Bank, Co-op Bank or KCB. Ensure you inform the bank teller you are paying for NHIF card replacement. Once you have paid, present the bank slip to any NHIF branch or Huduma center to have your replacement printed.
HOW TO ADD YOUR SPOUSE TO YOUR NHIF CARD (OR CHILD)
To add your spouse to your NHIF card or beneficiaries, present a copy of your ID and marriage certificate or affidavit from the magistrates’ court to your NHIF center or huduma enter. For your child, avail his or her birth certificate or a birth notification if they are 0 to 6 months old.
HOW TO REACTIVATE NHIF CARD FOR SELF EMPLOYED
If you are self-employed and have not contributed for 12 months and beyond your card will be deactivated. To can reactivate your NHIF card, pay at least KES 1,500 and resume usage of the card after 2 months (60 days). You can pay through M-PESA (paybill 200222) or at the Bank .
HOW TO REMOVE SPOUSE FROM NHIF BENEFICIARIES IN CASE OF DIVORCE OR SEPARATION
In case of separation or divorce, you will need to present a divorce certificate or a sworn affidavit from the Magistrate’s court and NOT FROM AN ADVOCATE or A LAWYER.
NHIF REPLACEMENT OF BIOMETRIC CARDS
Replacement of biometric card is ongoing, all you need is to present a copy of your ID as an identification document to the nearest Huduma center or NHIF station/center.
HOW TO RENEW NHIF ACCOUNT
To renew your account, you will need to pay a minimum premium of Ksh. 1500/=which is a three month contribution then your account will be restricted for 60 days before you can use your account
Do not miss all our latest updates on NHIF card application process and Payroll Byproduct