In 1998 the Kenya Medical Association SACCO (KMA SACCO) was registered as a Savings and Credit Co-operative Society to offer financial services to KMA members. In the year 2001 KMA SACCO published its First Audited Financial Statements. The SACCO has grown tremendously and is positioned as a major financier for medical practitioners countrywide. In 2012 KMA SACCO amended its by-laws to include pharmacists, dentists and medical students into SACCO membership.
Reporting to the General Manager, the ICT Officer I will be in charge of the ICT functions of the society and will implement all ICT strategies of the society and related entities. He/ she will ensure that the society adopts with the latest ICT developments in its operations.
ICT Officer Job Responsibilities
- Supporting and troubleshooting core business applications;
- Customize, support and maintain Microsoft NAV applications;
- Analyze technical and functional specifications provided by business users;
- Importing and exporting data across a variety of databases and other applications;
- Drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance of ICT infrastructure;
- Developing training materials, operating and user manuals and training staff in assigned systems;
- Evaluating systems and ensuring adherence to established performance standards;
- Reviewing and evaluating feasibility studies and detailed specifications before implementation;
- Maintaining primary and disaster recovery data centers;
- Ensuring work and changes to the ICT infrastructure components are undertaken;
- Designing Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN);
- Compiling progress reports on the operations of ICT systems to management and board.
- Ensuring backup and disaster recovery systems are maintained.
- Any other duties assigned by the authorized officers.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is critical
- Experience of working on full life cycle implementations of an ERP Solution.
- Strong understanding of data center infrastructure and virtualization
- Strong understanding of core Database Management Systems
- Strong understanding of modern networking technologies
- Ability to create high quality functional documentation and strong requirements gathering skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
Qualifications for the ICT Officer Job
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the field of ICT preferably in a financial institution.
- Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields: computer science, Computer technology, informatics, computer science and technology, information systems, Business information technology (BBIT), Computer security and forensics or any other related degree from a reputable university.
- Microsoft certified systems engineer (MCSE) / Microsoft AX/NAV certified.
- Cisco certified network Administrator (CCNA) or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Membership of the Computer Society of Kenya.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the e-mail address below quoting current and expected salary by 2nd June 2018. KMA Sacco ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Only e-mail applications shall be accepted.
The General Manager,
Kenya Medical Association Sacco ltd,
P.O.BOX 413 -00202
E-mail: recruitment email@example.com